Saturday, July 6, 2013

An Unusually Productive Morning


by Katie Price
Yesterday was an incredibly long day in Cagli.  I woke up at 3:45 AM to do a second photography shoot of my interview subject, a local baker. The reward of a great photos plus a hot apricot-filled brioche was a nice start to my morning.

I left the bakery around 6 A.M. and ran into a classmate waiting for a photography shoot with her subject, a man who hunts with bird dogs.  She invited me to join but I hesitated, knowing I would have no control over whether I’d make it to my 8:30 A.M. Italian class.  

Still, I couldn’t think of a good reason to say no to this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  Although I wouldn’t jump into a stranger’s car in America, somehow I knew that I’d be in goods hands if I tagged along for her photography shoot.

Our group consisted of two cars, two local men, an interpreter, two Gonzaga students, and five English Setters.  The journey up the mountain was full of twists and turns but the view from the top was absolutely worth the effort. I wandered around the hillside, laughing, gesturing, and attempting to speak broken Italian.  I was about a half hour late for my Italian class, but I cannot think of a better way to begin my morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment